On 2017-09-07 08:42, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Conveniently, we already decided to switch:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackagingPQ

Worth noting, while there are some big gotchas with git-dpm, there are
also some big gotchas with GPB PQ. GPB PQ isn't a magical solution that
will solve all our problems. e.g. forgetting to import the PQ (if not
already done) *before* updating to a new upstream version. Or forgetting
to import the PQ after a git pull makes modifications to the upstream
patch files.

In general, however, when something does go badly wrong I think it will
be a lot easier to diagnose, understand, and fix with GPB PQ then with
git-dpm. git-dpm can get very messy very quickly, particularly if you
forget to pull before making changes (personally I make this mistake too
frequently) or update to a new upstream version without using the
correct git-dpm workflow - I have seen both of these situations happen.