> On Saturday, 16 September 2017 14:18:10 AEST Diane Trout wrote:
> > My solution was to use build-profiles to flag the test dependency
> > with
> > !nocheck
>
> this is, of course, a very elegant solution and exactly what build
> profiles
> are for...
>
> I wonder though, is it really sustainable given this problem keeps
> coming up?

I just did it that way because it was the least disruptive change I
could make that would let me build and test the package.

Also I wasn't sure how much magic was happening on the Debian build
servers.

> Is it feaible to completely break this circular dependency? If it is
> only
> needed for tests, would be possible to disable the build-time tests
> and rely

In my experience I'm much more likely to to notice a build time test
failure than one from the CI system. Though I did adjust my pbuilder
config to fail on test failures in the autopkgtests so I already solved
my own concern...

What do other people think? If there are autopkgtests, should you still
let dh_auto_test run tests?

Diane