Hi Guðjón,

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 09:21:47PM +0100, Guðjón Guðjónsson wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I am updating my package pyqwt3d. It is tested for Qt5, python2 and python3.
> The changes were so huge that I made GitHub fork of it:
> https://github.com/GauiStori/PyQwt3D
>
> Now I have two questions:
>
> 1. Shall I skip the python2 version since it is already end of life?

It looks like the current version of pyqwt3d has no reverse dependencies,
and new applications will use Python 3, so yes, it makes sense to skip
the Python 2 version.

> 2. Shall I make my changes into a huge patch (changes from upstream
> in the DPMT git repository) or make my own GitHub repository as an
> upstream source?

As the real upstream had no updates since 2009, and your changes are huge,
I don’t see anything wrong in using your GitHub repository as upstream.

--
Dmitry Shachnev