Hi,

Then python module I just packaged (django-cas-server) is failing on
debci because when autopkgtest-pkg-python runs, it tries to import a
module named django_cas_server. However the module installed is actually
named cas_server. (The package/module naming difference is present upstream)

I don't feel like renaming the package or the module is the right thing to do.

I could work around it by installing a symlink, or by replacing
autopkgtest-pkg-python with my own customized version.

Would it make sense to patch autopkgtest-pkg-python to allow overriding the
autodetected module name (perhaps using a user-defined control field)?  I
would be willing to write a patch if enough people think it's worth
doing.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Bill