[
I'm *not* talking about the Python "packaging" Policy[0], which is under the
prerogative of the python{,3}-defaults maintainers.

[0] https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/
]

Dear all,

The DPMT policy[1] is still talking about Alioth and git-dpm, which is ever so
slightly outdated. valhalla submitted a MR[2] a while ago to fix some of these
references, but that ended up being a dead letter.

[1]
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/merge_requests/1

There was some confusion about who is the caretaker of this policy, I think
stemming from the fact that the "main" Python packaging policy also needs some
updates.

I feel the consensus is that that PR should just get merged and that the DPMT
policy can just be updated by team consensus on this list. Consider this a
heads up that I'll merge this in the next few days, unless there's any issue
people can come up with.

A MR describing the git-buildpackage workflow would also be appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #378: