On 01.09.19 21:48, Martin Kelly wrote:
Hi,

I maintain python-gmpy and python-gmpy2, which need to transition to Python 3. However, they have several packages that have Suggests or Recommends (not a hard dependency) pointing to python-gmpy/python-gmpy2. These other packages appear to be Python 2 only.

Should I stop building the Python 2 versions of these packages (and invalidate the Suggests/Recommends of these other packages), or should I instead just document this issue? If I document it, where should this documentation go?

I would just stop building these. And if the reverse dependencies have a py2removal bug itself, then comment in these issues that the suggested/recommended package gets removed. If they don't have a py2removal bug, please file the bugs for these packages.