Hi,
Currently pytds FTBFS with python3.8. I have fixed it, and build +
autopkgtests pass.
It is also lintian-clean.
There are however, a few build warnings which I am not sure how to fix:
I see a lot of:

Setting up python3-roman (2.0.0-3) ...
/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py:838: RuntimeWarning: line buffering
(buffering=1) isn't supported in binary mode, the default buffer size will
be used
  self.stdin = io.open(p2cwrite, 'wb', bufsize)
similar warnings; I didn't find buffer=1 in any of the subprocess/file
descriptor based functions, not really sure what is causing this.

I also see dh_python related warnings as:
W: dh_python3 fs:112: Paths differ:
debian/python3-tds/usr/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/.test-cache/rootcert.pem
and
debian/python3-tds/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/.test-cache/rootcert.pem
similar warnings; not sure what is wrong here either.

I have fixed rest of the warnings, that pytest reported. My changes have
been pushed here[1].
Needs review and sponsorship.

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/gi-boi-guest/pytds

Thanks and regards,