I've gone through and statused the issues currently listed on the package
tracker for python3-defaults migration that are autopkgtest related [1].  I
stuffed it into a pastebin [2].  I'm open to suggestions about where better to
maintain such a list.

If you ever want python3.8 as default python3, please have a look and fix
stuff.
The ones labled py3versions -i are likely related to a common error I wrote to
on debian-devel recently [3].  They are easy to fix.

If you update this, please also update /topic in #debian-python as it is
listed there also.  This was painful to do.  I'm unlikely to do it again
(things like this are one of the reason I no longer co-maintain python3-
defualts).  It'll make everyone's life easier if we document our progress and
don't stumble over each other.

Scott K

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/python3-defaults
[2] http://paste.debian.net/1135796/