Severity: wishlist

* Package name    : python3-rgain3
  Version         : 1.0.0
  Upstream Author : Christian Haudum <christ...@christianhaudum.at>
* URL             : https://github.com/chaudum/rgain,
https://pypi.org/project/rgain3/
* License         : GPL-2+
  Programming Lang: Python
  Description     : Replay Gain volume normalization Python tools

A set of Python modules and utility programmes to deal with Replay Gain
information – calculate it (with GStreamer), read and write it (with
Mutagen). It has support for Ogg Vorbis (or probably anything stored in an
Ogg container), Flac, WavPack, MP4 (aka AAC) and MP3 (in different
incarnations). There's also a command-line programme, replaygain, that works
very similar to its like-named cousins, most prominently vorbisgain and
mp3gain – only that itworks for all those supported formats
alike. collectiongain on the other hand is a kind of fire-and-forget tool
for big amounts of music files.

----

We already had a package called python-rgain in our past releases which was
Python 2 only and, unfortunately, removed.

This new (renamed) fork is, apparently, the official successor of rgain and
is actively maintained.

Simon McVittie mentioned it in bug #938361 that he would switch python-rgain
to this fork.  I really, really miss this package and the useful utilities
that it provides.

It would be nice to have it reintroduced in Debian.

Thanks,

Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA