Hi,

I'd like to join the list because I think my software is a valuable addition to the debian universe, my ultimate goal would be to bring it into Ubuntu Studio because it is music-related.

I already filed a bug report against the wnpp pseudo package but I am not quite sure what would be the next step and which packaging guides it is best to follow to get started with packaging and finally uploading it. On my day-job I am a Linux sysadmin/devops guy so probably should manage to follow along any guides. I just want to make sure I follow the right ones. I guess this team could tell me instantly where to start :-)

This is the bug about the new package: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=960698 Should my next step be following this tutorial on packaging? https://packaging.ubuntu.com/html/packaging-new-software.html

Also some other questions arise as my tool has a dependency that I am pretty sure is not in debian already. the official discogs_client - a python sdk to access discogs.com rest api, and actually I forked and extended it. pull-request to official repo is pending: https://github.com/JOJ0/discogs_client

Well enough already, let's discuss stuff when I am on the list :-)

thanks in advance,

all the best

Jojo