On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 7:12 AM Nicolas Chauvat wrote:

> In other words, could the contribution from Ubuntu to Debian
> diminishes because more effort is put on Snaps and less effort on
> improving upstream Debian packages ?

The same applies to Snap more generally as well as AppImage, Flatpak
and downloader packages. Those ecosystems are gaining mindshare with
upstream developers so distributions like Debian are going to lose
mindshare among upstreams and then among users since they get all
their apps from Flathub etc and so fewer people will be packaging for
Debian. I've already seen packages in Debian switch from being
properly packaged to just a snap installer or a downloader script.
Personally I would like to see Debian automatically generate
AppImage/Flatpak/Snap packages (and perhaps server container formats
like Docker) from existing .debs in order to offer our users and users
of other distros more ways to use Debian produced packages.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise