On Tue, 2020-06-16 at 00:58 +0200, Bastian Germann wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the package "spyne" which has a
> py2removal RC and a grave bug and was autoremoved from testing. The
> package is Python 2 only but the current upstream version has Python
> 3 support. I converted it to build a binary python3-spyne package.
> The bugs are open long enough for a NMU.

Dear mentors,

Beware if you do NMU this it will be against the wishes of the Debian
maintainer for spyne - which is me.

The issue is the current stable upstream is does _not_ have Python 3
support.  The version of spyne that does have Python3 support "2.13.4-
alpha".

I personally use spyne in production (which is why I now maintain it).
I do my best to avoid running code on my systems that upstream has
marked as an alpha release.

I plan to package and upload the Python3 version once it is no longer
marked as alpha code.