Hi,

po 13. 7. 2020 v 19:21 odesílatel Matthias Klose <d...@debian.org> napsal:

> On 7/13/20 6:23 PM, Fabrice BAUZAC-STEHLY wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Another solution would be to simply use the update-alternatives system
> > to manage /usr/bin/python.  python3 would have a higher priority than
> > python2.  Users would still have the possibility to switch
> > /usr/bin/python to python2 explicitly if they require it...
>
> No, never ever. update-alternatives cannot be used because it breaks the
> dependency system.

no, it doesn't. If all Python2 packages will use /usr/bin/python2 and all
Python3 packages will use /usr/bin/python3, then /usr/bin/python can be
managed by update-alternatives. And because we really want all Python2
packages to use /usr/bin/python2, I think this is a viable option.

But TBH I don't think it's a good idea, because it can be confusing for
users.

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový