Hi

On 6/21/21 11:06 AM, Dave Jones wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 06:40:58PM -0300, Emmanuel Arias wrote:
>>
>> On 6/19/21 9:03 AM, Peter Green wrote:
>>> Just done some reviewing/tweaking. I've pushed the following changes
>>> to the git repo, please tell me if you have any objections.
>>>
>>> I added a gpb.conf to make git-buildpackage actually use pristine
>>> tar and hence result in an orig tarball that was consistent with
>>> what is already in Ubuntu.
>>
>> Also, you can try to follow DEP-14 (although is mark as candidate)
>> and add debian/master as default branch.
>
> Ah, this was something that confused me a bit when initially working
> on this. I'd read through DEP-14, but then figured a simple way to
> start would be to grab my existing packaging for Raspbian and use gbp
> import-dsc on it. This set up the repo with a "master" branch rather
> than "debian/master" and I then wondered if I'd mis-interpreted
> DEP-14's prescription to use "debian/master", and whether it meant one
> should use "debian" branch or alternatively a "master" branch.
I think that I don't understand you, sorry :(. But DEP-14 recommend the
use of <vendor>/* for name the branchs, so for debian the branch should
be debian/*, for ubuntu ubuntu/*, etc.

> Anyway, given it should be "debian/master" I'll get that corrected (I
> assume I'm right in thinking that'll need a
> "debian-branch=debian/master" addition to gbp.conf).

yes. (and also create it first)
>> What about enable salsa-ci?
>
> Certainly something on the todo list, but not something I'd read up on
> yet. I'll have a look at that this afternoon.

I see that you already add the file. Don't forget activate ci in the
repository configuration :)

Cheers,

--
Emmanuel Arias