On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 at 21:17:40 +0000, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> We've fixed this issue in pybind11 and automake-1.16, so far.

Does this mean that packages that build using Automake, but use the
pregenerated configure/Makefile.in provided by the upstream maintainer
(often on an older or non-Debian distro) instead of regenerating the
build system with dh_autoreconf or equivalent, are going to be broken now?

If true, this will hopefully not affect too many packages, because using
dh_autoreconf is the debhelper default and has been considered a Debian
best-practice for a while; but it seems worth being aware of, because I'm
reasonably sure there are still some packages that deliberately do not
regenerate the build system, and some of those probably build CPython
modules.

    smcv