Hi Philippe (2023.02.14_00:13:08_+0000)
> When I use dh-python to build a package that contains a pyproject.toml
> and uses python3-setuptools for building like e.g. described here
> https://setuptools.pypa.io/en/latest/userguide/entry_point.html
>
> and I use that entry point feature to have a script auto-generated
> that calls my main():[project.scripts]
> somescript = "package:main"
>
> is it possible to change the path were that script is finally put it
> the package (i.e. not ./usr/bin/)?

Just move it somewhere else later in the build? e.g. after dh_install.

/usr/bin is where user-executable scripts should go, unless they belong
in /usr/sbin or /usr/games.

Internal scripts (that will be executed by the full path name) can live
in /usr/share/<packagename> or similar.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera