Package: open-vm-tools
Version: 2:9.2.3-1031360-7
Severity: normal

Dear Maintainer,

>From GNOME3 menu, when I click either "Log Out" or "Power Off", the dialog will
appear immediately.  However, if I really click the action button ("log out" or
"power off" or "restart" ...), the dialog will disappear with nothing
happening. I will have to wait for long time (much more than one minute) to
really log out or power off.

I checked the suspicous processes running, vmtoolssd seems to be the culprit.
After removing the package open-vm-tools, the issue is gone.

Thanks,
Hongzheng

-- System Information:
Debian Release: jessie/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (500, 'stable'), (1,
'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 3.11-2-amd64 (SMP w/8 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages open-vm-tools depends on:
ii  libc6         2.17-97
pn  libdumbnet1   <none>
ii  libfuse2      2.9.2-4
ii  libgcc1       1:4.8.2-8
ii  libglib2.0-0  2.36.4-1
ii  libicu52      52.1-2
ii  libprocps0    1:3.3.4-2
ii  libstdc++6    4.8.2-8

Versions of packages open-vm-tools recommends:
ii  ethtool             1:3.11-1
pn  open-vm-tools-dkms  <none>
pn  zerofree            <none>

Versions of packages open-vm-tools suggests:
pn  open-vm-tools-desktop  <none>