On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 07:32:58AM -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> > From: Adrian Bunk <b...@debian.org>
> > To: 894262-d...@bugs.debian.org
> > Bcc:
> > Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 11:01:58 +0300
> > Subject: gconf has been adopted
> > gconf has been adopted, making it a non-issue when a reverse dependency
> > depends on it.
>
> That only fixes one of the issues I have with the package. It is
> unmaintained in Debian and upstream.

We have (sometimes quite popular) packages that are unmaintained
upstream for over 20 years - this is not a problem, actually far
less of a problem than active upstreams breaking various stuff.

And the package is not unmaintained in Debian, it is maintained by the
Debian QA Group. This is pretty well maintained by Debian standards,
it doesn't happen here that a trivial one-line FTBFS fix does not get
applied for over half a year.

> Thanks,
> Jeremy Bicha

cu