Control: tags -1 + moreinfo unreproducible

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 11:30:58PM +0100, Ximin Luo wrote:
> Package: lighttpd
> Version: 1.4.35-3
> Severity: important
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> When switching to systemd, the directory /var/run/lighttpd is not
> automatically
> created (and chown www-data), causing the resulting service to fail.

I am unable to reproduce the reported failure (using version 1.4.49-2)
nor see how that could happen for you. In 1.4.30-1, support for systemd
was added to lighttpd and that support includes
/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/lighttpd.tmpfile.conf which is supposed to create
that directory. dh_installinit invokes this during postinst and systemd
runs it during boot. There should be no way for it to go missing.

> A workaround is to manually create the directory with the right ownership, but
> I have not verified if this persists across restarts.

Did the issue only happen on initial installation? Possibly the
dh_installinit only later gained the ability to run systemd-tmpfiles
during postinst?

Can you reproduce the issue at all? If no, please close the bug.

Helmut