On Thu, 02 Apr 2020 at 14:11:42 +0200, Ivo De Decker wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 10:13:32AM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> > > # Broken Depends:
>
> [...]
>
> > The above list is irrelevant, what counts are the build-deps.
>
> Well, this was the output of dak rm. These dependencies need to be resolved
> someway before the removal can be done.

For packages like redshift that do not require binary packages built by
libappindicator at build-time but only at runtime (mostly Python code using
gir1.2-appindicator* via pygobject), there are no Build-Depends, but
the Depends do matter.

`dak rm` is the tool that the ftp team would use if they removed
lib(app)indicator from unstable, so if you want lib(app)indicator to be
removed, all the packages that `dak rm` is concerned about will need to be
either removed or fixed.

> > > To help the overview of what's still missing, it might be good to add
> > > blocking
> > > bugs for every package to this one.
>
> It seems this wasn't done. Please add blocking bugs to this bug, so it's easy
> to see what's missing.

I've done that for you.

> If you want to get this done for bullseye, please upgrade these bugs to
> serious. Autoremovals will take care of some of the packages. The rest will
> need manual fixes.

I haven't done that. I think the severity of these bugs is a decision
for the maintainer of the replacement to make.

    smcv