On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 02:01:04PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I'm also happy to change the lintian escaping algorithm to make it easier
> for corner cases, but I'd rather not change the algorithm in a way that
> would invalidate other external links unless we declare a major flag day

Are you aware of having several external links pointing into
lintian.debian.org beside the PTS? I guess beside the PTS and maybe
personal DD's homepage there won't be many, but I might be utterly wrong
of course.

> and really completely reorganize lintian.d.o.  (Which should happen one of
> these days, but which would require a fair bit of warning.)

My main problem with the current naming scheme is that it is also open
to clashes. If two maintainer names are different only for an accented
letter they would clash into the very same page.  Given that, I'm not
particularly enthusiastic in fixing the PTS wrt a naming scheme that I
feel to be broken in that respect.

If you like the email based approach I've mentioned in my former post
and point please let me know, I would happy to contribute a patch for
that.

Cheers.

[EMAIL PROTECTED],debian.org,bononia.it} -%- http://www.bononia.it/zack/