On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 10:10:35AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Note that you can tell whether a package has lintian warnings or errors
> based on the contents of <http://lintian.debian.org/reports/qa-list.txt>.
> If it has no errors or warnings, it won't be listed.

Cool, I wasn't aware of that. So this is the way to go for the PTS:
download daily the list of packages with errors/warnings, and generate
links only for them. This is a general recipe followed also per other
kind of links, e.g. svnbuildstat (now that it is fixed).

> However, be aware that the next version of lintian will offer two lintian
> pages for each maintainer, one view that shows only errors and warnings as
> is currently done and a second that offers a full view that includes info,
> experimental, and overridden tags.  The PTS may eventually want to link to
> both.

No problem, what do you suggest for the policy for presenting links from
the PTS? i.e. when do you want to see the link to one and when the link
to the other?

> I'm not sure if I should leave qa-list.txt as-is and generate a second
> full list with more columns, or add more columns to the existing file.
> Probably the former to be safe.

PTS side there wouldn't be any significant difference, since the
conditional logics for presenting lintian links is not yet implemented.
Hence I'm for the simpler solution: one single file with all the info.

Cheers.

[EMAIL PROTECTED],cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/