Hi,

I have been looking at optimizing the disk usage of the generated
lintian.d.o website.  This optimization is (among other) to reduce the
upload time for deploying a new version of the website.   My initial
tweak have removed 20% of the disk size[1].

However, we are now at the point where the "uncompressed" lintian.log
accounts for 25% of the entire website.  There is a gz-compressed
variant, which has been around for years and is roughly 1:20 in size
compared to the uncompressed one.

Please migrate any usage of "https://lintian.debian.org/lintian.log"; to
"https://lintian.debian.org/lintian.log.gz"; (and update the code to
decompress as necessary).

I intend to remove the uncompressed variant in 14 days from now, if I do
not hear a compelling reason for deferring it.

Thanks,
~Niels

[1]
https://anonscm.debian.org/git/lintian/lintian.git/commit/?id=19cee7dbe7c52e408810429e2da3e702951760e8

Ad-hoc deployed to lindsay, so you can see it in action at:
  https://lintian.debian.org/tags/unstripped-static-library.html

(Went from ~12-14M to  < 150Kb)