On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 05:53:11PM +0200, Xavier wrote:

> >> The UDD code calls uscan. Is there a way for uscan to use an access
> >> token?
> >
> > not for now, but I can add this feature. Just to insert an additional
> > header ?
>
> This little diff adds --http-header option. To use it:
>
> uscan --http-header=Access-Token=qwertyuiop
>
> Sounds good for you ?

Tokens hardly ever are portable between sites, thus I guess they'd need to
be used only for matching URLs.  I'm not sure if udd already parses target
servers or calls uscan as-is, letting it do all the work.

Second issue is, tokens are (initially) an user-"password" pair that
requires further processing.  For example, GitHub uses Basic http auth
(https://developer.github.com/v3/auth/).  If I read the RFC
(https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2617.txt) correctly, Basic auth gets mangled
into a header and is sent as-is; no idea if other token-using webservices
use fancier auth schemes.  Even if just Basic is used, it might be simpler
to not require the user how to do the mangling.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ in the beginning was the boot and root floppies and they were good.