(Adding debian-qa@ to Cc to broaden the discussion a bit)

Hi,

On the issue of lintian.d.n/lintian.d.o/UDD/tracker.d.o, I wonder if the
separation of concerns is the right one.

I think that in Debian, we would aim for a better separation between:

A/ QA tools development, focused on getting the good tools to analyze
packages (output: tools, as Debian packages)

B/ infrastructure that mass-process the archive using QA tools. (output:
current status of each package in Debian, analyzed with the latest
version of a given tool, as a parsable file)

C/ infrastructure that gathers the current status from all instances of
(B) and exposes it per-package, per-maintainer, per-team, etc.

(C) could even be split into:
  (C.1) infrastructure that gathers the status and stores it into a
  common DB;
  (C.2) infrastructure that uses (C.1) to provide useful
  per-package/per-maintainer frontends (views).

lintian.d.n is again an attempt at solving (B) and (C) at the same time.
While I don't want to prevent anyone from working on their projects of
choice, I wonder if someone else shouldn't work on a 'lintian archive
runner' service whose sole mission would be to provide the current
status of the archive against the current version of lintian as
something parsable, just to feed UDD/tracker/others.

Lucas