Hi Erik, Leonardo

On Sun, 4 Jun 2023 22:41:46 -0300 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
<perezme...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> > please consider bumping the severity level of #1035985, as it makes
> > Debian unable to use qt on the many embedded platforms, and the next
> > stable will be affected by this for a long time. Is it possible to
> > include the `QT_FEATURE_opengles2` flag before the release? I'm
> > willingly to send a patch if needed.
>
> I am afraid it was discovered too late in the release process. My plan
> is to test it as soon as Bookworm is released and hopefully get a
> stable pu update. But I can't promise anything.
>
> Bumping the severity for a feature not discovered in time is a non-go.

I reviewed this bug report. libgles-dev is present in the build, as you can see
in [0].

[0]
<https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/qt6/qt6-base/-/blob/master/debian/control#L21>

Moreover, if you grep for "gles" in the build log [1] you will see that both
libgles1 and libgles2 are present.

[1]
<https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=qt6-base&arch=amd64&ver=6.4.2%2Bdfsg-10&stamp=1685266695&raw=0>

Or even:

```
-- Performing Test HAVE_GLESv2
-- Performing Test HAVE_GLESv2 - Success
-- Found GLESv2: /usr/include
```

If I force FEATURE_opengles2=ON I get:

```
CMake Error at cmake/QtBuildInformation.cmake:490 (message):
  Feature "opengles2": Forcing to "ON" breaks its condition:

      NOT WIN32 AND NOT WATCHOS AND NOT QT_FEATURE_opengl_desktop AND
GLESv2_FOUND

  Condition values dump:

      WIN32 = ""
      WATCHOS = "0"
      QT_FEATURE_opengl_desktop = "ON"
      GLESv2_FOUND = "TRUE"

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/QtFeature.cmake:281 (qt_configure_add_report_error)
  cmake/QtFeature.cmake:403 (qt_feature_check_and_save_internal_value)
  cmake/QtFeature.cmake:606 (qt_evaluate_feature)
  cmake/QtFeature.cmake:575 (qt_feature_module_end)
  src/CMakeLists.txt:12 (qt_feature_evaluate_features)
```

So, unless I am missing something, it is Qt itself the one not producing OpenGL
ES 2 support.

Am I missing something here?

Kinds regards, Lisandro.