Hi,

I'm tried to reproduce this bug using the opensecurity.org xmpp server, as
reported in the backlog but it seems that the public registration is not
working.

So I made a local installation of prosody, configured a self-signed key with:
openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -nodes -out "prosody.crt" -keyout "prosody.key"

Kopete complained about the self signed TLS server but it worked fine.

Also, the archlinux bug tracker claims the bug was fixed with kopete 4.8.3.

So I'm inclined to closing this bug.

I'm testing it with libqca2-plugin-ossl 2.0.0~beta3-2 on a amd64 system, which
seems to have some unrelated changes. And the current version of kopete is:
4:4.8.4-1+b1.

Please, if you can still reproduce the problem, it would need access to a xmpp
server were the error presents itself.

Thanks,
--
"If a pickpocket meets a saint, he sees only his pockets."
-- Kegley's Law