Package: blinken
Version: 4:4.8.4-1
Severity: important

Hi,

I just installed blinken for my daughter and it mostly doesn't produce
sounds. When I press one of the four buttons, it generally remains
silent, but sometimes it produces half a sound (like it would start a
sound but then it's cut in the middle).

I didn't really find any hint on where the problem might lie, but here
some info:

1. Started from the console, the only output is:
[0x11462a8] main services discovery error: no suitable services discovery module

2. ~/.xsession-errors doesn't contain anything suspicious (just the
start of blinken is registered).

3. Blinken is the only application impacted, everything else works (e.g.
Skype).

4. Testing sound in the KDE Audio Setup / Phonon KDE Controle Module
works as well.

5. I am the opinion that on the same machine, but with Debian 32 bits,
the sound did work (but it's already a while ago that I reinstalled in
64 bits).

Let me know if I can do something to help find the issue.

Eric

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 7.2
  APT prefers stable
  APT policy: (990, 'stable'), (500, 'stable-updates')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_IE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_IE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages blinken depends on:
ii  kde-runtime  4:4.8.4-2
ii  libc6        2.13-38
ii  libkdecore5  4:4.8.4-4
ii  libkdeui5    4:4.8.4-4