¡Hola Paul!

El 2014-03-15 a las 14:01 +0100, Paul Chavent escribió:
> A patch have been submitted to https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/116808/ and
> on the kde bug tracker.

> I attach the patch on this thread too.

> This fix the bug but it let appear an other one. If i hover the mouse on the
> file list, everything is fine. But as soon i get out of the file list, the
> application abort with a message (QWidget::repaint: Recursive repaint
> detected). I remember to read some peoples who already reported such a bug.
> I will go on investigations.

Mmh, you should add this info in the review. A link to the kde bug in the bug
field and also a link to the debian bug in the description would be nice.

The patch looks a bit messy, I would prefer to avoid the usage of
QSharedPointer and use it only if really needed, else we are only hiding the
issue.

My bets are in animationState, as it looks like a "getter" but it actually
does a bunch of creepy things, one of the few comments near the 321 line
claims: // If the cursor has exited an item
And then goes and calls:
startAnimation(state);

And tries to stop it in the next line?

But, well, maybe KFileItemDelegate::paint should have called
findAnimationState instead.

Have you tested something about this?

Happy hacking,
--
"Whenever possible, steal code." -- Tom Duff
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/