Package: klipper
Version: 4:4.11.13-2
Severity: important

Hello,

today I wanted to retry klipper (it still seems to have the most useful
features when compared to gpaste and xfce's clipboard).

I started it. It had some stale content but never mind. So I selected
some text. No change in klipper. Then I copied text inside konsole with
CTRL-Shift-C. No change. Then I copied text in Gnote with CTRL-C. No
change.

So I stopped klipper and removed everything "klipper" in my homedir:

    $ rm -R ~/.kde/share/apps/klipper ~/.kde/share/config/klipperrc

Then I restarted klipper and it was empty. Good. Then I selected some
text in the terminal and *hooray* it appeared inside klipper. Then I
selected some more text, did some more CTRL-Shift-C in konsole and
CTRL-C in random applications but nothing would ever appear any more in
klipper.

Does klipper maybe want to save something through some of the kde
framework (akonadi or something) that is not running but should and it
gets stuck "saving". Or is it missing some other middlewarebe?

As such klipper is useless for me and thus I'm marking this as an
"important" and not a "normal" bug.

Thanks for maintaining klipper!
*t

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 8.0
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (SMP w/8 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=de_CH.utf8, LC_CTYPE=de_CH.utf8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)

Versions of packages klipper depends on:
ii  kde-runtime  4:4.14.2-2
ii  libc6        2.19-13
ii  libkdecore5  4:4.14.2-4
ii  libkdeui5    4:4.14.2-4
ii  libprison0   1.1.1-1
ii  libqt4-dbus  4:4.8.6+git64-g5dc8b2b+dfsg-2+b1
ii  libqtcore4   4:4.8.6+git64-g5dc8b2b+dfsg-2+b1
ii  libqtgui4    4:4.8.6+git64-g5dc8b2b+dfsg-2+b1
ii  libstdc++6   4.9.1-19
ii  libx11-6     2:1.6.2-3
ii  zlib1g       1:1.2.8.dfsg-2+b1

klipper recommends no packages.