Dear Dominik,

Am Montag, 27. Juli 2015, 15:27:12 schrieb Dominik George:
> Package: kscreen
> Version: 4:5.3.2-4
> Severity: normal
>
> I have hige problems with using three screen on my laptop. I use the
> internal display and a VGA and a DVI monitor on the docking station.
>
> When I place the laptop in the docking station, nothing happens. I then
> do the following:
>
>  * Open system settings and configure displays
>  * Arrange the monitors in the order DVI, VGA, internal (from left to right)
> * Activate all monitors
>  * Set VGA as primary
>  * Click Apply
>
> At this point, kscreen seems to break down completely. The two external
> monitors remain blank, and the screen on the internal display gets
> messed up (showing tiles of the content all over the place). The desktop
> becomes unusable.
>
> Killing the session and logging back in leaves KDE in an unusable state
> and the session crashes on login. I have to delete everything in
> ~/.local/share/kscreen to make it work again.

I suggest taking this upstream to https://bugs.kde.org, cause it really sounds
like an upstream bug.

Especially when you can create a ~/.local/share/kscreen with contents that
make a desktop session crash on login, that may help – of course it may only
crash with exactly the three monitors you have connected. So please also
install the necessary -dbg packages and try to create a backtrace.

You may even report upstream by using DrKonqi.

I have seen some issues kscreen but no crash on login yet. Using the laptop
and one external display.

Thanks,
--
Martin