Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote on 08/01/16 05:48:
By the way, why using kdeini5 with iceweasel?

The purpose of kdeinit5, according to it's manpage, is:

        Using kdeinit5 to launch KDE applications makes starting a typical KDE
application a couple times faster and reduces memory consumption by a
substantial amount.

        kdeinit5 is linked against all libraries a standard KDE application
needs.
With this technique, starting an application becomes much faster because now
only the application itself needs to be linked whereas otherwise both the
application as well as all the libraries it uses need to be linked.

Iceweasel is by no means a "typical KDE application".

Thanks for the reply, I am only trying to start iceweasel from the KDE Plasma desktop application launcher (which uses kdeinit5).

When trying to isolate the issue earlier I had also tried starting iceweasel from a konsole terminal session.

Is it possible start applications within the KDE plasma desktop without them having kdeinit5 as a parent/grandparent process?

Arthur.