Control: tag -1 + unreproducible moreinfo

¡Hola Michael!

El 2017-06-05 a las 14:36 +0200, Michael Franzl escribió:
Package: kwin-x11 Version: 4:5.8.6-1 Severity: important

during normal use of the KDE desktop, when playing any video with `ffplay` (installed via official Debian repo), window decorations of all windows disappear with no way of recovery. This happens every time.

I can't reproduce the issue as described (using a 2nd generation core intel gpu using the generic modesetting x driver with the current 4.9.0-3-amd64 Debian kernel).

It seems to me that the issue might be in the video driver, as starting ffplay would request a video memory block for the video buffering, and kwin crashing because of this (not reproducible on a different hardware) might show that the memory being used by kwin got corrupted as a result.

Can you reproduce this issue using other desktop environments, such as gnome or cinnamon?

What video card and driver are you using?

Happy hacking,
--
"Haskell is faster than C++, more concise than Perl, more regular than Python,
more flexible than Ruby, more typeful than C#, more robust than Java, and has