Package: akonadi-backend-postgresql
Version: 4:16.04.3-6
Severity: important

Just got an upgrade of my postgres packages from 9.6 to 10 and upgraded
my (main) cluster containing my akonadi database.
While kmail does seem to work*, it looks like all my mails are now marked
as unread :-/
So did the 'standard' thing of 'akonadictl restart', 'akonadictl fsck',
'akonadictl vacuum' and another 'akonadictl restart'.
I then noticed in my Konsole the following message:
"This version of PostgreSQL is not supported and may not work."

So, it looks like the current Qt version doesn't support PostgreSql
10.

* It looks like it actually doesn't work.
First the sending from bugreport itself failed with the following message:
SMTP send failure: [SSL: VERSION_TOO_LOW] version too low (_ssl.c:719). Do you
want to retry (or else save the report and exit)? [Y|n|q|?]? n

Although this seems like a reportbug problem and/or Qt issue.
So I then copied the message (text) reportbug saved to file into a new email,
composed with KMail, but when I tried to send it, I got the following error
message:
"Sending Message Failed - Kontact
There were problems trying to queue the message for sending: Unable to append
item flags."

So now I'm sending this bug report from another machine where PostgreSql isn't
updated yet.
I haven't tried the packages from experimental yet, but may just do so as
KMail seems to be useless on the machine that has PostgreSql 10 ...

-- System Information:
Debian Release: buster/sid
  APT prefers unstable-debug
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable-debug'), (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'),
(101, 'experimental'), (1, 'experimental-debug')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 4.12.0-2-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8),
LANGUAGE=en_US:en (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)

Versions of packages akonadi-backend-postgresql depends on:
ii  libqt5sql5-psql  5.9.1+dfsg-9

Versions of packages akonadi-backend-postgresql recommends:
ii  akonadi-server  4:16.04.3-6
ii  postgresql      10+185

akonadi-backend-postgresql suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information