On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 21:32:30 +0200 Michael Biebl <bi...@debian.org> wrote:
> Am 14.04.2018 um 15:21 schrieb Michael Biebl:
>
> > I tried updating solid-networkstartus to use QT_NO_KEYWORDS and the Q_
> > macros, but ran into a problem. The QNtrack headers use the slots
> > keyword, so if I set -DQT_NO_KEYWORDS,
> > solid-networkstatus/kded/ntracknetworkstate.cpp fails to compile.
> >
> > So while I could get the networkmanager backend compile successfully
> > with the attached patch, I had to disable QNtrack support.
>
> I found a way to avoid that situation.
> As networkmanagerstatus.cpp only uses the D-Bus interface, using
> #include <nm-dbus-interface.h>
> instead of
> #include <NetworkManager.h>
> was sufficient and it avoids that gio related headers are included, so
> -DQT_NO_KEYWORDS is not necessary.
>
> Lubo, as NM upstream, wdyt about using nm-dbus-interface.h directly
> instead of the include-all NetworkManager.h?
>
> v2 of the patch is attached.

Thomas Haller just confirmed on IRC that using nm-dbus-interface.h
directly is fine and it was actually designed that way that it can be
used from Qt without dragging in any gio dependencies.

I guess that means v2 of my patch is the better approach, as it avoids
having to rewrite the code to accomodate the use of -DQT_NO_KEYWORDS.

universe are pointed away from Earth?