Meyer wrote:
> > > qtbase-opensource-src FTBFS on Alpha [1] due to an ambiguous
> >
> > Thanks for the very clear explanation! There are two possible ways out
> > here:
> >
> > 1) Preferred by us Qt maintainers: file a bug in bugreports.qt.io and send
> > us the link so we can follow it.
>
> I've tired making an account there to report the bug. What a painful
> experience: it tried to solicit information off me for commercial
> advertising purposes (which is totally unacceptable), and after many
> more painful and unclear steps I finally got to the bug web pages.

None of them are really necessary. I admit I have done those steps long ago so
maybe it has changed a lot in the meantime.

> But I don't know what to do.  I can't work out the products or
> components (none match the Debian source package names or seem
> to bear much relationship to them) so I am totally lost.

That's actually normal You are looking for Core, which is the base of
everything else.

> I now regret attempting to make an account there and wish I could
> just completely delete it.
>
> Please, would you file the bug upstream, I'm not having anything
> more to do with that obnoxious web site.

Only if you subscribe to it afterwards. Acting as a proxy with regards arch
stuff normally does not works out well, it's preferably to have the
knowledgeable people around.

Of course I'll be more than happy to assist you in the process. So if you
agree please just tell me and I'll file the bug.

--
"La política es una actividad noble. Hay que revalorizarla, ejerciéndola con
vocación y una dedicación que exige testimonio, martirio, o sea, morir

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/