> That's sadly something we can only "fix" by making packages have the right
> value set. As per Qt policy the environment variable needs to be prefixed
> with QT, so no chance of directly using SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH.

I added a downstream patch to a test-version [1] in openSUSE with

+        static const quint64 sourceDate2 = 1000 *
qgetenv("SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH").toULongLong();
+        if (sourceDate2 != 0)
+            lastmod = sourceDate2;

but somehow this did not help (e.g. with bitcoin's
bitcoin-0.16.1/src/qt/qrc_bitcoin_locale.cpp going into the bitcoin-qt
binary).
So maybe the patch is not the correct solution... or there are more
similar issues somewhere else in rcc.

[1]
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:bmwiedemann:reproducible:test/libqt5-qtbase/reproducibletime.patch