Package: libqt5network5
Version: 5.11.1+dfsg-7
Severity: important

--- Please enter the report below this line. ---

Hi,

I'm using owncloud-client, and connection failed with the following log:

[ warning sync.connectionvalidator ]:
QNetworkReply::NetworkError(UnknownNetworkError) "Error while setting
the maximum protocol version" ""

After running gdb, it seems that in
src/network/ssl/qsslcontext_openssl11.cpp on line 151, the
sslContext->sslConfiguration.protocol() is set to QSsl::SecureProtocols,
so minVersion is set to TLS1_VERSION and maxVersion is set
TLS_MAX_VERSION. However, I have currently blocked the upgrading to
openssl1.1.1 so on my system, with openssl1.1.0, the TLS_MAX_VERSION is
defined to TLS1_2_VERSION.

But gdb reports me that maxVersion is set to 0x0304, which is the value
of TLS_MAX_VERSION in openssl1.1.1 as it as an alias for TLS1_3_VERSION.

Thus, I think that you should require a version of openssl greater or
equal than 1.1.1 to avoid those issues.

Thanks for maintaining the package,

Adrien

--- System information. ---
Architecture:
Kernel: Linux 4.17.0-3-amd64

Debian Release: buster/sid
500 unstable-debug debug.mirrors.debian.org
500 unstable ftp.fr.debian.org
500 testing download.jitsi.org
1 experimental ftp.fr.debian.org

--- Package information. ---
Depends (Version) | Installed
libssl1.1 | 1.1.0h-4
libc6 (>= 2.14) | 2.27-5
libqt5core5a (>= 5.11.0~rc1) | 5.11.1+dfsg-7
libqt5dbus5 (>= 5.0.2) | 5.11.1+dfsg-7
libstdc++6 (>= 5) | 8.2.0-4
qtbase-abi-5-11-0 |
zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4) | 1:1.2.11.dfsg-1