Am Mo., 27. Aug. 2018 um 11:36 Uhr schrieb Eric Valette <eric.vale...@free.fr>:

> Package: plasma-discover
> Version: 5.13.4-1
> Severity: important
>
> For security reasons, many sceurity tools including lynis recommend
> to install needrestart package in order to automatically restart
> services if some have been upgraded.
>
> On the copmmand line, you are prompted to select or acknowledfge
> services that should be restarted. So you need to enter some
> keyboard input for at-get (dist-)upgrade to finish.
>
> Plasma disco\xe7ver does not cope with this.

On PackageKit frontends, all transactions should be noninteractive, so
they shouldn't interrupt the process to ask for stuff.
One exception that we allow for compatibility is Debconf questions.
So, if needrestart uses Debconf, this is a bug in plasma-discover and
Discover should implement the Debconf frontend properly. If however
needrestart doesn't use Debconf, this issue is "won't fix".
>From a quick look at the code, the former appears to be the case.

Cheers,
    Matthias