¡Hola Simon!

El 2019-01-02 a las 21:25 -0600, Simon Quigley escribió:
Package: breeze-gtk
Severity: normal
Version: 5.14.3-1

It was raised to my attention from LXQt users that the Breeze GTK theme
cannot be used under LXQt as packaged. This is because the theme exists
in /usr/share/themes/Breeze/gtk-3.18/ and
/usr/share/themes/Breeze/gtk-3.20/ but doesn't exist in
/usr/share/themes/Breeze/gtk-3.0/ which is inconsistent to other GTK
themes in the archive. For example, the arc-theme package just installs
in gtk-3.0.

This raises a few questions for me. Is this just a hidden use of the
standard, or something Plasma-specific? Are the themes meant to only be
used on those minor versions of GTK?

Simply symlinking gtk-3.20 to gtk-3.0 solves the problem under LXQt. Is
it rational to ship this as default?

The theme was adapted to gtk 3.20 (which includes some incompatible changes with themes designed for previous gtk versions) and the adapted version is shipped in the gtk-3.20 folder, sadly the older version was moved to the gtk-3.18 folder. The folder name implies $GTK_VERSION >= 3.20, thus it would be wrong to rename it to gtk-3.0 . The gtk-3.18 folder, on the other hand, could be renamed, but we don't have a gtk-3 versions older than 3.18, or even older than 3.20, so that's not really necessary.

I would suspect that lxqt is filtering the themes that that have a gtk-3.0 folder in them, while a filter for themes that have a gtk-3.* folder would yield better results.

Happy hacking,
--
"Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
-- José Maria de Eça de Queiroz