Hi all,

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 06:24:32AM +0100, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> kpackage fails to cross build from source and the cause is tricky. We
> start our journey on extra-cmake-modules'
> /usr/share/ECM/find-modules/FindQHelpGenerator.cmake. That file assumes
> that it will find a "qhelpgenerator" executable next to the qmake
> executable. The path of qmake is determined using
>
>     get_target_property(_qmake_EXECUTABLE Qt5::qmake LOCATION)

That is the fallback code path.

The primary code path is retrieving this information from qttools5-dev's
Qt5HelpConfigExtras.cmake which has it set to
"${_qt5Help_install_prefix}/lib/qt5/bin/qcollectiongenerator".

> extra-cmake-modules's assumption on how to find qhelpgenerator is not
> presently valid. We'll either have to reinstate the assumption or make
> extra-cmake-modules not assume that.
>
> Now I need your input on which package we need to touch.

As I said before in #915122, the correct fix is:

- Cherry-picking commit [1] for extra-cmake-modules or updating it to 5.53.0.
- Making all affected packages build-depend on qttools5-dev.

Dear Maximiliano (Cc-ed), I noticed that you updated the packaging to 5.53.0
in Git. Are you going to upload it to sid? If no, can you please cherry-pick
the mentioned commit, or will you mind if I do it myself?

[1]: https://cgit.kde.org/extra-cmake-modules.git/commit/?id=96d169b87292d935

--
Dmitry Shachnev