Hi Malvin,

> > > I have now upgraded three different machines from (fully updated) Buster
> > > to Bullseye, and all three times KDE Plasma was not usable afterwards.

And I have now tried the update myself, successfully:
- install debian buster wit KDE desktop
- log into plasma, play around
- do as you suggested
        apt upgrade --without-new-pkgs && apt full-upgrade
- reboot
- log into plasma, this takes a bit of time in my VM, but
  at the end Plasma is running without visual glitches and errors.

Are you sure you have rebooted after the update?

And, the question is even more interesting now:

> Do you know which set of packages you had installed? Which meta-package?

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev