On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 01:20:00PM +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a quick review of the RC bugs in *key* packages that are unfixed
> in unstable according to UDD.  The following is a list of 32 of these
> (out of about 180) with proposed verdicts/tagging to start a debate
> about them.
>

> There are 3 verdicts:
>
>  * can-defer (serious bug, but not a blocker - could be fixed in via pu
>               or a security upload)
>    - This implies a "stretch-ignore".

These are mostly CVE fixes, sometimes "no-dsa" in jessie.

Deferring something now and doing a DSA later sounds wrong to me,
IMHO a "stretch-ignore" would imply that the security team is OK
with having that unfixed during the lifetime of stretch.

> > 814978      gcc-5                   will-remove     gcc-5: gnat paths are
> > wrong due to ada-gcc-name.diff
> > 848220      gcc-5                   will-remove     gcc-5 should not ship
> > in stretch

firefox-esr uses gcc-5 on arm* (#852009), the changelog says:

  * debian/control*, debian/rules: Compile with GCC 5 on testing/unstable
    on arm* because of crashes when building with GCC 6. (FTBFS)

This is the hard part of the gcc-5 removal that was already requested
in #851871.

> > 835960      gcc-5-cross             will-remove     gcc-5-cross:
> > non-standard gcc/g++ used for build (gcc-5)
> > 835777      gcc-5-cross             will-remove     gcc-5-cross: FTBFS:
> > patch fails to apply
> > 835692      gcc-5-cross-ports       will-remove     gcc-5-cross-ports:
> > FTBFS: patches fail to apply
> > 835961      gcc-5-cross-ports       will-remove     gcc-5-cross-ports:
> > non-standard gcc/g++ used for build (gcc-5)

Removal was already requested as part of #851871.

> Thanks,
> ~Niels

cu
Adrian