I have been taking a daily look for any reports of issues with intel
microcode updates over the last 30 days, and so far there are no reports
of issues caused by these updates.

Due to the HT errata issue, these microcode updates had a lot more
adoption than usual by users across most Linux distros, so they had a
lot of extra exposure already.

Version 20170511 shipped with stretch non-free, and we had no regression
reports about it.  It was also backported to jessie-backports, and even
with everyone that installed it both in stretch and jessie due to the
hyper-threading errata (about 2000 additional new installs according to
popcon), there were no regression reports.  It was widely installed on
other distros, and I could not find any regression reports on Gentoo,
Arch, Mint or Fedora, nor through Google searches.

Version 20170707 only added new microcode for newer processors (Kaby
Lake, and very recently launched Skylake server and Skylake-X), leaving
all other microcodes unchanged from 20170511.  Since the motherboards
that support such processors were launched relatively recently, and Kaby
Lake is quite close to Skylake firmware-wise as far as microcode and
closely related platform modules, the chances of regressions due to
outdated firmware are lower.  Again, I can't find any regression reports
at all related to this microcode update.

There are several reports from Ubuntu users about sucessfull installs of
both 20170511 and 20170707, since they're also evaluating it for SRUs as
well.  No regressions were reported so far:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/intel-microcode/+bug/1700373

Thanks!

--
  Henrique Holschuh