Control: tag -1 - moreinfo

Hi,

On Sat Sep 09, 2017 at 17:23:24 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Control: tag -1 moreinfo
>
> On Thu, Sep  7, 2017 at 16:10:48 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
>
> > The Azure agent provides the provisioning part of the Microsoft Azure
> > platform.
> > It is necessary to tell the platform about the state of the systems.
> > Therefor
> > it is part of the "hardware" support for the Azure platform.
> >
> > Recent versions of the agent add support for a new revision of the platform
> > called Azure Stack.  In a nutshell, Azure Stack is Azure in a box for your
> > home
> > (Azure on Premise).  Without this update, Debian can't be used on this new
> > platform.  The package itself is only useful on images within the Azure
> > plattform and thus this upload will only affect users within Azure.
> >
> Do any of the changes affect the pre-existing Azure platforms?  What's
> the regression potential for those users?

yes, this upload already affects pre-existing Azure platforms.

I see the chance for regressions quite low as Microsoft tests for
regression with their test suites. Also in case we really run into
problems, Azure users can also contact Microsoft Azure support (which is
actually the first thing that Microsoft advises anyway).

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zo...@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster