Control: tags -1 -moreinfo

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 06:17:18PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Control: tag -1 moreinfo
>
> On Sat, Dec  9, 2017 at 21:21:27 +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>
> > Package: release.debian.org
> > Severity: normal
> > Tags: stretch
> > User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
> > Usertags: pu
> >
> > Let's fix the dependency problem of xchain in stretch, too. #878090
> > It calls /usr/bin/wish, therefore it needs to depend on wish and not
> > tk8.5 (which no longer provides the generic wish binary, that's tk8.6
> > realm now).
> >
> Was there a reason for the version-specific tk dependency? Was xchain
> tested with wish 8.6?

Except for the half day when 1.0.1-8 was in unstable,
xchain has always[1] called /usr/bin/wish.

/usr/bin/wish is provided by the tk package,
and points to wish8.6 in unstable since
tcltk-defaults 8.6.0+8 was uploaded on 08 Mar 2014.

xchain works for me with 8.6, and there are no bugs in the BTS
indicating that it wouldn't work in jessie (sic) or stretch.

The only bug was the dependency "tk8.5 | wish",
the tk8.5 package never provided /usr/bin/wish.

> Cheers,
> Julien

cu
Adrian

[1] at least since wheezy, I haven't checked older versions

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed