Adam D. Barratt <a...@adam-barratt.org.uk> (2018-06-27):
> On Mon, 2018-06-25 at 22:06 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > Not that I have big plans right now, except maybe working on the
> > dini ftbfs within stretch (once the point release has happened), see
> > #902226.
>
> Hmmm. While I can appreciate the sentiment, not being able to update
> dini until after a point release seems a little pointless tbh.

Hmmm? The plan is to support building dini from spu if d-i is (still)
there (during point release preparation) as customary, along with
allowing a fall back to fetching d-i from the stable suite if the
initial download from s-p-u fails (which happens once the point release
has finished).

IOW: Supporting rebuilding dini from stable after a point release in
addition to (and not instead of) building it from s-p-u only.

Hopefully clearer than my initial mail, but please yell if it isn't.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>