Hi Niels,

On 2018-08-14 17:53, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Control: tags -1 moreinfo
>
> Aurelien Jarno:
> > Package: release.debian.org
> > Severity: normal
> > User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
> > Usertags: binnmu
> >
> > Hi release team,
> >
> > One of the goal of the glibc team for buster is to get rid of the
> > multiarch-support package, given that multiarch support in the dynamic
> > loader is fully supported in debian for a long time. Debhelper used to
> > add this dependency, but it's not the case anymore.
> >
> > clsync is one out of two packages left in buster, the other one,
> > gtk2-engines-oxygen, should hopefully migrate in the next days.
> > Unfortunately clsync has an RC bug in sid, which prevents it to migrate
> > to buster. This RC bug is not present in buster, so the package hasn't
> > been autoremoved from there.
> >
> > Therefore the easiest way to fix the issue is to trigger a binNMU in
> > *buster*, against a "recent" debhelper:
> >
> > nmu clsync_0.4.1-1 . ANY . buster . -m "Rebuild to remove the
> > pre-dependency on multiarch-support"
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Aurelien
> >
> > [...]
>
> Hi Aurelien,
>
> If the goal is to make testing free of packages (Pre-)Depending on
> multiarch-support

Yes, that's exactly the goal, that way we can just stop building the
package in the next upload. There are still a few depending packages
in sid/experimental, but given the bug reports have been sent with
patches attached more than one year ago, I don't mind breaking them.

> then removing clsync from testing is also an option
> AFAICT.
>
> I am considering since clsync has had its FTBFS bug against sid for
> almost 2 years now with no reaction from its maintainers.

That solution has the same result than the binNMU, so that's also fine
for me. I would leave the decision about what is the best way to achieve
that to the release team.

Thanks,
Aurelien

aurel...@aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net