On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 08:47:00AM +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:
> What is the status on this?

Less progress than I'd like.  Partly that's down to my not finding the
time to push this along, but there are also two bugs which affect the
GTK3 wx build but not the GTK2 one:

OpenGL support doesn't work under wayland unless you force GTK3 to use
X11 (#904753) - GTK2 doesn't support wayland, so essentially is always
forcing X11 here.

There's a coordinate overflow issue (#906060) which looks like it is
probably not in wx itself, but in cairo or some other layer.  The GTK2
build doesn't use those layers.

The first can be worked around, but I don't think there's a known way
to work around the second.

> Are we planning to complete this transition
> in buster (transition deadline being 2019-01-05) or it is fine if this
> transition is first completed in bullseye ?

I'd still love to complete it for buster, but I suspect we may well not
manage to get all the remaining rdeps moved over.

We never actually got around to filing bugs against rdeps, but perhaps
we should to encourage them to move where there aren't any blockers.

Cheers,
    Olly