On 2018-12-03 14:53, Holger Levsen wrote:
On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 02:37:03PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > This would need to be versioned as 2.2.3+deb9u1.
> But it's exactly the 2.2.4 release published to unstable - why the
> different version number?
(It's not "exactly the same" - the stretch upload will be built in a stretch chroot, so may well end up with different dependencies. At the very least, it needs a d/changelog entry detailing that it was uploaded to stable, which
makes it different from the unstable upload.)

so why not 2.2.4~deb9u1 then?

That would be fine also, assuming the stable upload includes all of the changes from the unstable upload of 2.2.4.

I read Antoine's original message as specifically trying to use the exact version string "2.2.4"; apologies if that was not the intent.

Regards,

Adam